Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The To-Be-Read Pile

Ah, it happens every so often that my TBR pile exceeds my reading. I'm the sort of person who, in a good year, may read upwards of a hundred books but... Not every year is a good year. So the books have piled up a bit and I'm trying to motivate myself by swearing off buying any new books until I read the ones I have.

Yes, feel free to snicker in disbelief at that statement.

I'm pretty sure all of the books I've bought and not yet read aren't even in this pile and I've just forgotten about them.

So, this list seems to be as follows (though unlikely to be read in this order):

Reap the Wind by Karen Chance
A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
The Silvered by Tanya Huff
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
The Magic Thief Home by Sarah Prineas
The Graverobber's Apprentice by Allen Stratton
The Sister's Grimm Book 1 by Michael Buckley
Ghost Hunters by Deborah Blum
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
Copper Magic by Julia Mary Gibson
Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke
Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The Eyeball Collector by F.E. Higgins (though I didn't realize it was the 3rd book in a series so...I may have to pick up the first two)
The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint
The Book of Irish History by Amy Hackney Blackwell and Ryan Hackney

(Yes, I skipped Catfantastic, I've already read it and simply forgot it was in the stack.)

As you can tell, I've got some variance in age bracket, though genre is somewhat consistent. I don't read a lot of non-fiction, but I've read The Poisoner's Handbook from Deborah Blum before, so I've got high hopes for Ghost Hunters. I've made a habit of going into Half-Price Books clearance section and looking through the MG and YA sections for anything I've never seen before. Some of these were gifts, but I find that there can be real gems hidden away in the "unpopular" books that get shelved in clearance along with the half-dozen copies of Twilight.

I am currently reading the second half of the Author's Choice edition of Strangely Beautiful by Leanna Renee Heiber.



No comments:

Post a Comment